GUT LOVING GUMMIES
These gummies are a huge hit in our home. My son Charles asks me to make them almost every day.
Gelatin is great for the digestive tract. Collagen helps heal and soothe microscopic wounds in the intestines. It also strengthens hair, skin and nails and relieves joint pain.
Adding kombucha to these treats adds beneficial bacteria that helps clear out bad bacteria and yeast in the gut and it help improve digestion.
Our secret ingredient during the cooler months is elderberry syrup. Elderberry syrup boosts the immune system and helps alleviate coughs and colds.
If you don't like lavender and chamomile tea, you can use any other herbal tea or juice instead..
3.5 tbsp gelatin
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1 cup of kombucha
2 tbsp elderberry syrup
1. Turn kettle on and put tea bag into a glass measuring cup. Once boiled, pour 1 cup of water over the tea bag and let steep for ten minutes. Remove teabag once steeped. Mix in maple syrup or honey.
2. In a mixing bowl, put 3 tablespoons of gelatin and 1/4 cup of the steeped tea. Mix them together, this is called blooming. Add the gelatin back into the measuring cup and stir until all gelatin in completely dissolved.
3. Once the tea has cooled off add kombucha (adding before the tea has cooled off can harm the beneficially bacteria) add the elderberry syrup as well.
4. Mix all ingredients well and pour into silicone molds.
5. Put into fridge for 3 hours.
6. Once set pop the shapes out and put into an air tight container. They will keep for up to a week.